LF-TV
LF-TV
LF-TV
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LF-TV

Welcome To LF-TV

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Man City misfit Elano wants new contract

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fahmi1314
Super-Moderator
Super-Moderator
Fahmi1314

Man City misfit Elano wants new contract Empty
PostSubject: Man City misfit Elano wants new contract   Man City misfit Elano wants new contract EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 1:07 pm

Man City misfit Elano wants new contract Elano210

Elano angling for new Man City deal

Manchester City's Brazilian misfit Blumer Elano is ready to sign a new contract at Eastlands after finally rediscovering his form.

The 28-year-old midfielder was an immediate hit after Sven-Goran Eriksson signed him for £8m from Shakhtar Donetsk on a four-year contract in August 2007, however his second season in the Premier League has been a disappointment.

On the pitch his performances have been below those which made him such a crowd favourite, while off the pitch he has endured a fractious relationship with manager Mark Hughes and been fined for expressing his irritation at his team selection.

However, with fellow countryman Robinho pledging his future to City, there appears to have been a thawing in relations between Elano and his manager and the player has now admitted he would be happy to extend his stay.

''This is the end of my second season with City and if it were up to me I would be sat around a table discussing a contract extension right now,'' Elano told the official Manchester City magazine.

''I would love to renew my contract at City and remain here for a long time. I love England and I enjoy living in Manchester. I am very happy here."

After being a disruptive influence over a difficult winter it remains to be seen whether Hughes feels Elano has a future at the club.

However, having scored two penalties in his last three games as replacement for Shaun Wright-Phillips on the right side of midfield, Elano has recaptured his previous form and is expected to play a key role in the season's remaining games as City bid to qualify for next season's Europa League, the re-branded UEFA Cup .

City, who are currently two places and three points off the all-important seventh spot, entertain Blackburn Rovers on Saturday knowing a victory will put them right in the frame with three matches of the season remaining.
Back to top Go down

Man City misfit Elano wants new contract
Page 1 of 1